Welcome to St Michael's Nursery school web site!
St Michael's- where we learn to play and play to learn!
Our Nursery School will provide a high quality pre-school environment where the children experience a broad and balanced curriculum, enhancing self-esteem and confidence and laying the foundation for life long learning.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide a safe, caring, secure and stimulating environment;
- Promote the well being of all the children in our care;
- Consider the welfare of all the children in our care;
- Promote development in all areas and the acquisition of a range of skills;
- Provide equal opportunities for all;
- Promote a love of learning; and
- Develop parental partnership.
Our values focus on:
- Valuing and cherishing each child;
- Creating a friendly atmosphere where the adults work harmoniously together showing respect, openness, honesty and consideration for others;
- Promoting care and respect among the whole school community;
- Building good relationships with parents;
St. Michael’s Nursery School is a Catholic Maintained Nursery School situated on the Stewartstown Road in West Belfast.
The school opened in September 1991 traditionally catering for the needs of three and four year old children in St. Michael’s Parish and when possible from the wider community.
It is a double unit offering full-time pre-school education to 52 children from 9.00am until 1.30pm.
The full time staff comprise of two teachers and two nursery assistants all of whom have specialised qualifications in early years education. Our goal is to provide a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment for the children.
St Michael's nursery is very fortunate to be on a mature site with a huge outdoor natural space which provides the children with an oasis of an outdoor classroom all year round.
Feel free to come and see for yourself! Make an appointment to visit and see the exciting learing environment we offer both indoors and outdoors.
17th April 2019
Mums, dads , grandparents and siblings joined us for our Easter party dance along. It's great to get outside, get active and keep healthy!...
|22nd April 2019|
|23rd April 2019|
|24th April 2019|
|25th April 2019|
|26th April 2019|
|30th April 2019|
|forest school training session (9.30)|
|1st May 2019|
|Transition visits to St JB (9.30 )|
|2nd May 2019|
|Health action heroes (9.15 )|
|3rd May 2019|
|Fundamentals (12.30-1.30 (free))|
|6th May 2019|