Welcome to St Michael's Nursery school web site!
St Michael's- where we learn to play and play to learn!
Our Nursery School will provide a high quality pre-school environment where the children experience a broad and balanced curriculum, enhancing self-esteem and confidence and laying the foundation for life long learning.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide a safe, caring, secure and stimulating environment;
- Promote the well being of all the children in our care;
- Consider the welfare of all the children in our care;
- Promote development in all areas and the acquisition of a range of skills;
- Provide equal opportunities for all;
- Promote a love of learning; and
- Develop parental partnership.
Our values focus on:
- Valuing and cherishing each child;
- Creating a friendly atmosphere where the adults work harmoniously together showing respect, openness, honesty and consideration for others;
- Promoting care and respect among the whole school community;
- Building good relationships with parents;
St. Michael’s Nursery School is a Catholic Maintained Nursery School situated on the Stewartstown Road in West Belfast.
The school opened in September 1991 traditionally catering for the needs of three and four year old children in St. Michael’s Parish and when possible from the wider community.
It is a double unit offering full-time pre-school education to 52 children from 8.45am until 1.30pm.
The full time staff comprise of two teachers and two nursery assistants all of whom have specialised qualifications in early years education.In addition we have 1 part time nursery assistant to support our children with additional needs and our extended schools programme. Our goal is to provide a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment for the children.
St Michael's nursery is very fortunate to be on a mature site with a huge outdoor natural space which provides the children with an oasis of an outdoor classroom all year round.
Feel free to come and see for yourself! Make an appointment to visit and see the exciting learing environment we offer both indoors and outdoors.
19th June 2018
Well done to all the staff and children on achieving our second Green Flag. The assessor was very impressed with all the work that has been completed over the year. Celebrations all round!!...
|22nd June 2018|
|Sports day (red class 9.15 blue class 10.15)|
|28th June 2018|
|29th June 2018|
|Finish for Summer holidays (10.30)|